After the second test, I was hoping we would start onto a new topic. However, it seems as if we are still in chapter two for a while! More correctness showed up on our Wednesday and Friday lectures, and to be honest, it seems a little dry. Trying to prove whether an algorithm is correct may be important, but it really doesn't do it for me. This is something I have to get used to, since it will be on the final exam! The concepts seem pretty straight forward with, very little few twists and turns. I think with more exposure to the topic, I will be able to grasp the concepts in no time! There are a few bumps along this road of algorithmic correctness, but with the "study long-weekend" around the corner, I hope to get some CSC236 done.
Speaking of the study break, I think it is a great chance to catch my breath! I will be able to get some studying for all the courses I am taking. The one negative I see about this break is that we are going to miss a tutorial, yet again. We haven't had a tutorial dealing with algorithmic correctness yet, and I was hoping to get some more practice in it. The night section still has the tutorial, so I will attempt to do the tutorial exercise which is meant for them. I also think that the Wednesday, after the break, would have been a much more suitable time for our second test. It would have mimicked the same format as the first test (which followed the Thanksgiving weekend). This way we would have been able to salvage one tutorial and there would be less people complaining about the "advantage" the night class had. Regardless, not everything can be planned as I said; only Danny knows the difficulty of setting-up material to be covered for the test. All in all, I enjoy the break and hopefully I manage to make some progress on algorithmic correctness at home. Everyone enjoy your break and wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment