Friday, November 30, 2012

Week Twelve: Circles, Arrows and Assignment Three

So this week we continued our journey through the extravagant journey of dealing with DFSAs and Languages. This stuff really never ceases to amuse me. As I said before, this topic is definitely one of my favourites in the whole course. I think I really like the logic of how everything works together. Although we did work with a Regular Expression for one DFSA that turned out to be horrendous to write down. Danny even stating that the Regular Expression would probably not even fit on his slide! Hopefully there will be a question on DFSAs on the final and hopefully I can eat it right up! The morning section still has one tutorial left and we are pretty much done the course! Like the cliche says, time really does fly. I will probably make a summary SLOG entry before the deadline to share my overall experiences with this course, as well as my farewell to my SLOG. However, before I get carried away I still have to complete a problem solving tutorial to do! So look forward to at least two more SLOG entries before the deadline.

Assignment Three was due not to long ago. I seem to be on Pacific Standard Time, so do not get confused with this being posted before the midnight deadline! Anyways, there were four questions to be completed, just like for Assignment One. There were some DFSA and Regular Expression questions, which I was able to complete to some extent. If I were to say I had trouble in something, it would probably be the overall structure of the proof. I am not sure if what I did was suffice, but I did what I could. I`ll have to look over the course notes and annotated slides to get a better idea of that. The correctness proofs caught me off-guard. It felt like forever since we have done those, even though in reality it has only a couple of weeks. My excitement for the latest section made me forget that we did these types of proofs. I will admit to being rusty in the section, but I was able to persevere. This was in large part to our fabulous TA Lila. I probably would not have completed the assignment to such an extent without her help. She was amazing! Four hours of students asking questions and she handled with such ease! If you are reading this Lila, I just have to say thank you! I am not sure how well I will be graded on the assignment. Only time will tell if I put enough detail into my work.

As I said earlier in this post. I will most likely have two more SLOG entries before December 5th, so look forward to that. As always everyone, have an awesome day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment