When I heard that we were creating machines to except languages we made, I had a totally different picture in my mind. This was probably the result of watching far too many Saturday morning cartoons when I was younger! I like this topic a lot more than what we have been doing recently. For me, this topic is one of the most interesting topics in this entire course. I am very intrigued by the concept as a whole. The concept seems refreshing from all the work we've done with induction in this course. Even if there is induction to follow with this topic, I don't mind at all. I don't know why, but I feel as though this concept is easier to grasp, as well as more concrete. Some of the more mathematical and abstract ideas in the course required a lot of intuition to do. However, the concept with machines, and their accepting and non-accepting states, seems to allow me to visualize on what the problem is and what destination we need to reach to solve the problem.
Some of the regular expressions are review from what we've been doing in CSC207, while some of them are not. Although, I think we will be exploring deeper into the area of regular expressions in this course. I am still a bit shaky on the concept of some expressions like concatenations and what they exactly mean. I think the wording on what concatenation means has to be drilled into my head. For example, when Danny explains what it means in non-technical English terms, the concepts seem to flow better. For now I will read the course notes to get a better grasp on this whole new concept and prepare for the quiz accordingly. I'm really looking forward to the last few weeks of this course! Good luck to everyone in their adventures in this course and wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment