Yet another week has passed! The weather is getting colder and so I have more time to spend indoors. This week I will dedicate to this course alone! You may be asking, why all the attention? Well, it is time for me to get back to "square one" and I am not referring to the shopping mall in Mississauga. No, I mean back to the drawing board. The logic with logarithms, floors, ceilings, and recursive functions haven't sunk in as well as I hoped it would. So I'm going back over the lectures we had since the first test. Many people say "better late then never" and I guess you would put me in that boat. The second assignment and test are already around the corner, so what better time to than now? I feel as if I need a to build a strong foundation first, before proceeding to the big hurdles. I have gone through most of the tutorial problems and annotated lecture slides. All that is left for me is the some of the course notes, and to wrap-up some seemingly vague concepts. By going back on the material, I hope to do much better on the second assignment in comparison to the first. Hopefully our professor's shifting grading scale really helps me out in the end!
As for the second assignment, I have yet to start on it. I have read through the assignment page and don't fret, my chronic procrastination has not taken hold yet. I have a Calculus midterm the same day I have my second test for this course, so I have dedicated the weekend to Calculus. I will make sure that I do not get any more behind and fight the urges to be lazy. My next tutorial is tomorrow and I'm not happy with our section's TA. We used to have a different TA for the first week and she was much more elaborate and clear. I heard that she didn't mind if people from other sections went to her tutorials, so I will ask her if I could join her section time. Hopefully I do make a lot of progress and get back up to speed with everyone else in the course soon enough. Also with the extra time devoted to this course, I will try to make use of our professor's office hours. The assignment only contains two questions, but seem harder than the previous assignment. The more time the better, and so I have dedicated quite a bit of time for this assignment. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment