Because I rambled on in my first SLOG entry, I will try to keep this entry shorter. This past week we had our first test in CSC236. Before the test, I was really tense. After not doing so well on the first assignment, I tried my best to prepare for this test. Having the Thanksgiving long weekend was a double-sided sword. The extra day provided us an extra day to study, but at the same time we lost a valuable tutorial. The test was made up of questions we have all see before, which had me sighing a big breadth of fresh air.
The first question was from a previous tutorial, that I had looked over, and I was able to the proof quite easily. The second question was a tangent to the full binary tree questions, and I was able to complete the proof although I had some difficulty on specifics. After I completed, the first two questions I knew there would either a Well-Ordering or Structural Induction question. As I had predicted, there was a Structural Induction problem, much like the ones done in lecture. I was somewhat lost; it was the most recent type of proof we had done and we did not have tutorial time to practice what was preached in lecture. I managed to get the base case done and the basic structure, but that was the most I could do. I will wrap up my second SLOG entry by saying I was really happy with this test, and I hope that the next one will also follow a similar format.
No comments:
Post a Comment